What’s happening today!
8 December, 2021, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
- For Yasawa and Mamanuca group, Vanua Levu, Lau and Lomaiviti group, Kadavu , Taveuni and nearby smaller islands: Occasional showers and few thunderstorms.
- For rest of Fiji group: Occasional showers and isolated thunderstorms especially in the afternoon or evening.
- Isolated heavy falls expected with risk of flash flooding of low lying areas.
- Motorists can expect poor visibility on roads in areas of heavy showers and thunderstorms.
- Moderate northeast to southeast winds, fresh at times.
- Winds becoming predominantly northeasterly later today.
- Moderate to rough seas.
- Outlook for Thursday : Occasional showers and isolated thunderstorms over eastern and interior parts of larger islands (Viti Levu and Vanua Levu), Taveuni and nearby smaller islands, Kadavu, Lau and Lomaiviti group.
- Elsewhere, cloudy periods with afternoon or evening showers and isolated thunderstorms with possible heavy falls.
- Respond, innovate & leave no one behind to ‘Orange the World’ by UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji at 12pm
General Information – Events
- 14th Fiji Bitter Wairiki 7s & Netball Tournament at Wairiki, Taveuni at 8am
- Suva Kids Hapkido Martial Arts Training at YMCA Gym at 4pm
- Suva Adults Hapkido Martial Arts at YMCA Gym at 6pm
- Veivakalotutaki i Nukutobici at Korovou,Tailevu at 6.30pm
EFL Planned Power Shutdown
- Part of Velovelo, Lautoka – 8am to 5pm
- Part of Field 4 Area, Ltka – 8.30am to 5pm
- Wairabetia, Lautoka – 8am to 5pm
- Savusavu – 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Sabeto, Nadi – 9am to 4.30pm
- Soweri Road, Ba – 9am to 4.30pm
- Sigatoka – 9am to 4.30pm
- Labasa – 8.30am to 11.30am
Editor’s movie pick:
- Tadap –1.40pm, 5pm at Life Cinema Lautoka; 2.20pm at Life Cinema Nadi; 11am, 2.15pm, 8.20pm at Life Cinema Nakasi; 11.05am, 8.20pm at Life Cinema Labasa
- Encanto: Damodar Cinemas –11.30am, 5.50pm
Health Ministry advice:
- People with severe COVID-19 are still dying at home, or are coming to a medical facility in the late stages of severe illness.
- Severe COVID-19 is a medical emergency, and a delay in receiving appropriate medical treatment reduces your chance of recovering from the disease. You are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 if you are over the age of 50 or have a non-communicable disease or chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, or if you are obese or pregnant.
- If you are at high risk of severe disease and have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache, headache, loss of taste/smell – please come to your nearest screening clinic to be checked and tested by our medical teams.
- The severe symptoms of COVID-19, include the following: – Difficulty breathing; – Persistent pain or pressure in the chest; – Severe headache for a few days; – New confusion, inability to wake or stay awake; – Pale, gray, or blue-coloured skin, lips or nail beds.